Experience the World War II Era
Saturday, September 22, 2012 11 am until 5 pm
Sunday, September 23, 2012 11 am until 4 pm
Admission - Tickets can be purchased at the Event Gates on Saturday and Sunday. Online ticket registration closed/deadline was 5 pm Wednesday, September 19. 2012. See below for admission pricing. This event is not sold out, online tickets closed on September 19.
World War II Days includes elaborate and realistic battles complete with tanks, artillery, armored vehicles, and exciting pyrotechnic displays. Saturday the battle shows are featured at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm. Sunday the battle time is 2:30 pm. Maps of the event site will be available when visitors arrive showcasing the battlefield and the various encampments and attractions. Everything we offer will be held rain or shine.
Visitors will also experience:
- Elaborate 1940s displays in historical buildings on the museum property acting as the back drop of a European village during World War II
- Encampments of Allied and Axis troops in the Midway Village woods and realistic skirmishes integrated in the historic village
- Pacific Theater battles in the woods with soldiers dressed as U.S. Marines and Japanese infantry
- German cavalry scenes
- Soldiers' base camps filled with period vehicles, tents and artifacts
- Shop for World War II memorabilia from numerous vendors
- Expanded food service including Burritt's Meat Products of Rockford, Papa John's Pizza and other vendors
- A Free 1940s era USO-style swing dance at 7 pm Saturday at Veteran's Memorial Hall in Rockford www.veteransmemorialhall.com
- New Location in 2012
- A live band, Swingin' Company B, will perform at the dance.
The largest World War II era re-enactment in the United States with over 1,000 uniformed
re-enactors from 40 states representing soldiers from the United States, Great Britain, France, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Japan, Italy and Germany along with 70 to 80 vintage tanks, halftracks and other 1940s era military vehicles!
NEW this year, increased shuttles from the parking lots and within the event. Shuttles are available for visitor to use as a transport system during the event at the event site, if needed. Please, do not bring personal golf carts. Event shuttles include a wagon ride to and from the parking lots and battlefield and several passenger golf carts in the historical village.
One Day Admission Cost
$12 adults; $6 for children (3 to 17); and free for World War II veterans and Museum Members
Two Day Pass Cost
Two day event passes are $18 for adults; $9 for children (there is too much to see it all in just one day).
Parking is free. Plenty of handicap parking is available. We also have roving multi-person golf carts dedicated to shuttling visitors who need assistance.
There are no ATMs available on the museum campus.
Only online registration for this event is now closed!!
Tickets, again are available at the Gates on Saturday and Sunday.